York Region Transit GIS Bus Stop Database
- Collected a database with all bus stops and their attributes.
- Categorized the different categories of bus stops according to the type of stop (Shelter, U-Channel Post, Wood Post, etc.).
- Created different layers to report bus stops on georeferenced street maps according to their location (On Street/At Street).
- Generated bus stops and bus route maps for each municipality of the Region.
- Overlaid other infrastructure and administrative information (Airports, Railroads, Schools, etc.).
- Prepared digital photos of each stop were taken and linked to the stop.
Additional ancillary functions of the GIS
- Route planning and analysis
- Bus stop and facility inventory
- Management decision making
- Accident reporting and analysis
- Demographic analysis and route structuring
- Ridership analysis and reporting
Download this print ready PDF Feature Sheet